SYSTEMS SUNLIGHT S.A. has a long-lasting and successful worldwide presence in the energy storage and power supply sectors. It operates in the market for three decades and ranks among the world's top manufacturers of energy products and systems, being specialized in design, production and distribution of:
- Energy Storage Systems for industrial, consumer and advanced applications (motive/traction batteries, stand by batteries, torpedo and submarine batteries etc.);
- Energy Power Systems (generating sets, UPS, DC power systems, industrial air-conditioning);
- Green Energy Systems (autonomous and grid connected photovoltaic systems, energy saving solutions);
- Energy-related services (consulting, technical support, spare marts, site survey, installation, commissioning,
maintenance, training, recycling, rental/leasing services).
Based on a wide range of products and services, as well as extensive expertise and cumulative experience, SUNLIGHT offers to customers customized turn-key solutions that cover the high demanding energy needs of various sectors, including Industry, Supply chain and logistics, Telecommunications, IT, Defense, Constructions and Infrastructure. Headquartered in Greece and aiming at further enhancing its position in the international market, SUNLIGHT has developed autonomous entrepreneurial presence in nine countries, while constantly expanding sales and partners network.
SUNLIGHT is active in the design, production and distribution of batteries and energy production systems with a manpower that exceeds 770 employees in Greece and abroad. The company’s production process is based on the industrial complex in Neon Olvio of Xanthi. The company’s industrial unit covers an area of 142,000 m2, with covered spaces exceeded 55,000 m2. The production lines include the following:
- Lead acid sealed type industrial batteries (VRLA & OPzV) and vented type industrial batteries (OPzS & Traction);
- Cylindrical Zinc-Chlroride batteries;
- Advanced Lead acid batteries for submarine propulsion;
- Silver-Zinc batteries for combat and exercise torpedoes.
The plant also includes assembly lines that include:
- Nickel-Cadmium batteries for military and industrial applications, Generating sets, Telecom Power Supply Systems, Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems (UPS), Photovoltaic Power Supply Systems, Industrial Rectifiers, Electrogenerating sets and Electronic Printed Circuit Boards (PCB).
The company’s range of products includes the following:
- Industrial application accumulators, Special application accumulators (submarine torpedoes);
- Renewable energy sources, Power electronics, Generating sets;
- Consumer products, Toshiba batteries.
Role in InteGRIDy:
SUNLIGHT will provide its industrial Renewable Energy park at Xanthi, Greece (UC-8: Optimum Distributed Control of RES-enabled Islanded Grids Local Storage) where an islanded RES-powered autonomous grid operates with battery and hydrogen storage in order to improve the energy and resources efficiency within the factory. The existing control and automation infrastructure will be extended to allow DR mechanisms to be locally applied and to improve the distribution of the energy among the nodes of the grid using smart and enhanced Energy Management Strategies and Model Predictive Control methods.
Also part of its fleet of MHE EVs will be integrated to the islanded grid to provide a case where dynamically changing charging requirements are necessary, at the factory operated 24/7 having 3 shifts where MHE EVs are used.
SUNLIGHT will contribute with its integrated energy storage systems to the use case of «UC -4: Smart Grid Integration, selfconsumption strategies & enlarged RES penetration factor (Barcelona, ES)» and «UC-10: Flexible DR at Residential and Tertiary Building with Local Storage (Thessaloniki, GR)».